The main directions of Azeraluminium LLC are the production of aluminum oxide (alumina), primary aluminum and semi-finished products (aluminum sheets, coils, sheets painted on both sides) from bauxite and alunite ores. The enterprise is the leading producer of aluminum and aluminum products in the South Caucasus.
The foundation of the Ganja Aluminum Complex was laid by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Mr. Ilham Aliyev, in March 2008.
The aluminum complex, the company’s base enterprise, is located in the second largest city of Azerbaijan – Ganja. The total area of the complex is 81.0 ha, and the total area is 102,000 m2. The complex includes 4 workshops (electrolysis workshop, anode workshop, casting and continuous rolling workshop, pressure treatment and painting workshop), 2 auxiliary sections (110 kV substation and silicon straightener, repair and mechanical section) and social facilities. The annual production capacity is 54,000 tons. The total number of employees of the complex is 1081 people.
Our ongoing current and long-term expansion plans are:
- Development of Dashkasan alunite mine to supply the alumina refinery and the chemical complex with local raw material;
- Modernization of Ganja Alumina Refinery with 450 000 tons of annual production capacity;
- Construction of a Chemical Complex specializing in alunite-based mineral fertilizer production;
- Production capacity expansion of Aluminium Smelter to up to 200 000 tons/year;
- Calcination Plant construction with 250 000 tons of annual production capacity and an Anode Plant with 60 000 tons of annual production capacity;
- Production of the recycled aluminium by building new melting facility with annual production up to 40 000 tons;
- Production of energy from alternative sources with total planned production capacity up to 400 MW
- Production of a wide range of aluminium products;
- Additional production